User firms continued to focus on cost cutting in 2004, but they also were willing to invest money in new projects and product rollouts.
UFJ International, the London-based global investment banking arm of Japan's UFJ Bank, was among those prioritizing cost cutting (Jan. 12). It shaved nearly £400,000 off an annual market data budget of over £1.2 million, following a review of its middle- and back-office data needs by London-based market data consultancy Buttonwood Tree.
Northern Rock Group Tr
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech