When a friend of mine told me a few weeks ago about new regulations allowing companies to patent their business processes, I didn't think too much of it. Except that it sounded highly contentious and somewhat unlikely.
My source, I thought, was misinformed.
I was wrong. First, I heard about Priceline--where some of my old friends from Dow Jones have ended up--patenting their electronic commerce model. Then, last week, Cantor Fitzgerald sued Liberty Brokerage, charging its longtime rival with i
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won