Kemper Corp. has announced a plan to sell at a loss of some $70 million its securities brokerage unit to the unit's employees. The unit consists of Kemper Securities Inc., Beta Systems Inc. and Kemper Clearing Corp. The proposed transaction allows Kemper to ditch its ambitious but ultimately dismal securities industry efforts. It also eliminates the uncertainty about the unit's future -- which, at least in the case of Milwaukee-based Beta Systems -- made it more difficult to do business. Bet
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech