Firms will be able to deploy version 6.3.1 of the vendor's FIX engine to translate datafeeds distributed using the bandwidth-reducing FAST (FIX Adapted for Streaming data) protocol from any exchange, rather than having to rely on FAST decoders from each venue, says Orc chief technology officer John Cameron.
Orc first integrated the FAST standard in its 6.3.0 release in June. But since then, Cameron says the vendor has done significant optimization work on its FAST compression algorithms, and
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership