Simon McDowell, a veteran technology and operations executive at several data technology vendors, has joined trading technology and connectivity services provider Ullink as global sales operations director.
McDowell was most recently chief operating officer for the EMEA region at NYSE Technologies, where he also served as business manager for platform services and as head of transaction services for EMEA since joining the vendor in 2011.
Prior to that, he spent 15 years at data and trading platform vendor Fidessa, most recently as managing director of connectivity, though he also served as commercial manager and director of professional services.
Before Fidessa, McDowell held equities technology roles at the Nomura Research Institute, Credit Suisse and UBS.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming