Commodities and energy data provider Platts has acquired shipping and oil news and analysis vendor Petromedia for an undisclosed sum to extend its coverage beyond marine fuels pricing and market fundamentals.
Petromedia provides news, daily prices and analysis on the shipping and oil markets to help petrochemical consumers and traders manage counterparty risk, monitor marine fuel quality, and keep abreast of alternative marine fuels and technologies.
"Bunker fuel... [accounts] for 70 percent of operational costs of waterborne commodity movement. The acquisition of Petromedia extends our bunker coverage beyond price discovery with new, inventive solutions to address the growing challenges of this dynamic and evolving market," says Andy Bose, general manager for petroleum at Platts, in a statement.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse