At TZero, Grossman will be responsible for the establishment and management of its planned broker-dealer division. The planned broker-dealer is still in the process of applying for regulatory approvals and has not begun operations.
Grossman began his career 15 years ago at Dinosaur Financial, where he pioneered its equity business. He was in charge of Dinosaur’s electronic trading systems and helped build the brokerage’s private client group and international trading business. Grossman was also senior vice president at DCM Advisors, an investment advisory firm owned by Dinosaur’s parent group.
TZero had originally partnered with Dinosaur as the broker-dealer for its security tokens.
TZero is an affiliate of online retail company Overstock.com through its blockchain subsidiary Medici Ventures. It already runs two broker-dealer platforms, SpeedRoute and PRO Securities. PRO Securities began offering security tokens for trading in January this year. TZero bought SpeedRoute in 2015.
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects