On November 25, Inside Reference Data hosted a webcast about the effects of new European regulations, including BCBS 239, MiFID II/MiFIR and Solvency II, on data operations
With the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's BCBS 239 risk data aggregation principles, Solvency II capital adequacy rules and the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive/Regulation (MiFID II/MiFIR) rules soon taking effect in Europe, the urgency of being prepared is intensifying. This webcast will review the scope of the demands presented by the new rules, whether firms are finding similarities that make compliance easier to manage, how prepared the industry is overall in terms of data management, and what costs and effects the regulatory mandates are causing.
• What are the biggest data management responsibilities created by BCBS 239, Solvency II and MiFID II?
• How are firms responding to the mandates in the rules? Are they prepared to comply? To what extent?
• Are there similarities in the different sets of rules, or similarities being found within sets of data? If so, how do these enable work or systems that meet data needs for both sets of rules at the same time?
• Have data operations costs increased due to BCBS 239, Solvency II and MiFID II? Will they increase? And have compliance efforts produced ancillary benefits for data management?
Moderator: Michael Shashoua, Editor, INSIDE REFERENCE DATA
- Stephane Malrait, Global head of eCommerce for Financial Markets, ING
- Cristiano Zazzara, Vice President, Head of Regulatory Solutions, S&P CAPITAL IQ
- Chris Johnson, Senior Product Manager, Market Data Services, HSBC SECURITIY SERVICES
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Best Company for Diversity and Inclusion (Vendor)—Refinitiv