New improvements to the ISO 6166 standard for ISIN identifiers were driven by waves of new regulations in recent years, including the US Dodd-Frank Act and European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR), according to Dan Kuhnel, chairman of the Association of National Numbering Agencies (ANNA), which organized a joint effort by 118 national numbering agencies to update the standard.
The ISIN is the most commonly used identifier of securities across 120 markets and applies to instruments such a
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit