As MacKay Shields' license with a vendor was expiring, IT head Anthony Vigilante figured it would be a good opportunity to upgrade to the vendor's software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution. The teams hopped on a conference call to hammer out some of the parameters. After a few questions, Vigilante asked about data security. The call got suddenly quiet. Right then, he knew that MacKay Shields would not be switching to SaaS, and its data would be staying safely tucked behind its own four walls.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground