The upcoming 'Next-Generation Performance Measurement' event, scheduled to be held in London on June 22nd, will feature a panel discussion on how buy-side firms can use technology to produce accurate and timely performance reports, while simultaneously freeing up middle-office personnel so that they can focus on more value-added tasks.
For buy-side firms, after making the best informed, most judicious investment decisions on behalf of their clients, their next most critical function entails measuring their performance, attributing that performance to specific areas within their portfolios, and managing the risks ‘consumed’ in attaining that performance. These areas are the subject of a half-day event – Next-Generation Performance Measurement – sponsored by StatPro and held at South Place Hotel in London on June 22. The event will kick off at 09.00 and will feature a brief presentation from Carl Bacon, StatPro’s performance guru, and Neil Smyth, StatPro’s marketing and technology director, followed by an end-user presentation courtesy of KBI Global Investors’, Joe Kavanagh.
The main part of the event is a panel discussion featuring Scott Bachmann, head of investment risk and analytical services (EMEA) at Northern Trust; Gianpaolo Schisano, director, UK compliance & risk oversight at Mackay Shields; and KBI Global Investors’ Kavanagh. Issues/questions that will be addressed during the panel discussion titled, Transforming the middle office from a cost center to a value driver to improve the process of investment performance measurement, include:
- What are the challenges/struggles preventing the above from happening?
- How do accurate and timely performance and risk analytics bring the front and middle offices closer together and improve efficiency?
- How do buy-side firms scale, automate and improve the process of investment performance measurement, enabling accurate and timely attribution and risk analytics with ‘digital first’ distribution?
- How do buy-side firms leverage the right technology to free up the middle office, allowing those personnel to focus on value-added tasks?
- How do buy-side firms go about addressing the three key challenges of cost management, operational efficiency, and stakeholder service levels?
Click on this link for more information on the event and how to attend it.
James and Anthony talk about the looming Sibos event in Toronto and take a look at some recent M&A activity and blockchain developments in the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails