A recently released General Accounting Office report on intermarket frontrunning says that the nation's self-regulatory organizations (SROs) and regulators have "newly developed surveillance programs designed to detect" the form of market manipulation. The practice--whereby a broker trades ahead of a large institutional trade--is of special concern to buy-side managers and traders, who stand to lose large sums if the sell side acts on leaked information about a planned trade.
The advent of
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground