Settlement, custody and related services for stock exchange and OTC equity trades to be provided, as well as government and corporate bond transactions.
Euroclear Bank and National Settlement Depository (NSD) have announced plans to provide cross-border services for all classes of Russian domestic securities, pending regulatory approval.
The plans include providing settlement, custody and related services for stock exchange and OTC equity trades, on top of government and corporate bond transactions.
"The portfolio of services we will launch for Russian securities will earn the trust and confidence of securities professionals who follow the same principles as Euroclear when it comes to efficiency, effectiveness and operational risk control," says Frederic Hannequart, chairman of Euroclear Bank. "Having an easy and convenient post-trade arrangement in place for cross-border trades will facilitate foreign investor flows to MICEX-RTS, as well as boost domestic liquidity for all Russian securities."
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership