NEW YORK--Ending months of internal agony and weeks of external speculation, Dow Jones & Co. agreed to sell its Dow Jones Markets unit to Bridge Information Systems for $510 million in notes and cash. In outbidding a rival group that included US Treasury interdealer broker Cantor Fitzgerald, Bridge has established itself as the No. 2 player behind Reuters in a market now consolidated into three global real-time data vendors.
The agreement also heralds the return of the Telerate name: Bridge p
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp Coric