The vendor believes that just as changes to dates of corporate earnings or legal trials can have a material impact on the stock prices of the companies involved, movie release dates—and any changes to them—can be a leading indicator of revenues, and can impact a studio’s stock price.
“Our client base is looking at these dates as volatility events,” says WSH founder and chief executive Barry Star. “My hypothesis is that dates for these $100 million movies from big studios are more likely to have
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'