NEW YORK--Integrating risk management into the investment process is the key challenge facing Erwin Martens, managing director and head of risk management for Putnam Investments. Although the systems are in place, sophisticated new instruments, market events and tremendous fund growth continue to keep his job interesting, he says.
At Putnam Investments, portfolio managers are driven to protect the client, which in turn protects the firm, its reputation and finally the assets under management.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground