Reuters Holdings PLC and Telerate, Inc. each reported gains in operating income of about 30 percent over the first six months of 1988. Telerate's revenue was up 40 percent, to $214 million, while Reuters's sales were up 18 percent, to 471 million pounds sterling.
Telerate's first-half net income was $47 million ($.50/share), up 43 percent from $32.8 million ($.35/share) in the first half of 1987. Reuters's net was 63.4 million pounds sterling ($.77/ADS), up 23 percent from 51 million pounds
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp