London--Paul Simion has left Paribas' IT department and started a consulting firm called Ftrade.
Ftrade will concentrate initially on consulting projects dealing with new technologies, e-commerce and real-time data for global trading rooms, Simion tells IMD. In the meantime, the company will be developing products such as web-trading tools using Microsoft technology, he says.
Simion believes that there is a "gaping hole" in the transaction products market and that many financial institutions
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won