The surprise departure of Richard Morrison from Shearson Lehman Bros. to take over as chief technology officer at Merrill Lynch and Co. may produce significant effects in the financial quotations business. Morrison, who was instrumental in helping Quotron and AT&T put their joint marketing deal together (see related story, this issue), will apparently have senior responsibility for Merrill's half of International Marketnet.
Morrison's resignation was announced March 12th. His post at Merrill
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II