Microsoft Corp. is touting the new IBM-PC version of its Excel spreadsheet as offering greater functionality than the incumbent ruler of the roost, Lotus 1-2-3. Ironically, one case in which the touting appears to be accurate is in the marriage of Excel with a Lotus product, the Signal quote service.
Microsoft's October 6th press hootenanny for the launch of Excel for the PC was attended by a host of applications developers. Two of interest were Reuters Holdings PLC and a small New York firm,
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech