New research highlights predicted growth areas for cloud computing—and the tools it enables, such as AI and machine learning—in the capital markets. Spoiler alert: Google says cloud is becoming as ubiquitous as the search giant itself.
The alternative data sector is still relatively nascent, and as such buy-side firms have struggled with how best to incorporate these non-traditional sources of information. While sources say that there will be continued M&A in the market, how those deals go down—and for what reasons—will vary.
The Figi is free to use, and becomes the second reference data standard alongside Cusip, authorized for financial instrument identification by the American National Standards Institute.
Wei-Shen and Tony explore the idea of big tech companies disrupting the traditional Wall Street vendors.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- 9/11: the colleagues we lost, and the years that followed
- After lengthy fight, Bloomberg’s Figi recognized as official US data standard
- Waters Wrap: Get ready for the low-code, no-code explosion
- Sell side pushing for bilateral connectivity for fixed income
- Alt data’s second inning: Brace for a long M&A game