Acceptance of private cloud has moved significantly over the past 12-18 months, says Chris Grandi, managing director at Abacus, a private cloud infrastructure provider for hedge funds. Even a year ago he was getting a lot more doors shut in his face.
The reasons have been articulated before. Hedge funds kept their "secret sauce" on their servers and didn't want anyone else touching them. They also believed they could keep better tabs on the security of their data by housing them within their own
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming