Acceptance of private cloud has moved significantly over the past 12-18 months, says Chris Grandi, managing director at Abacus, a private cloud infrastructure provider for hedge funds. Even a year ago he was getting a lot more doors shut in his face.
The reasons have been articulated before. Hedge funds kept their "secret sauce" on their servers and didn't want anyone else touching them. They also believed they could keep better tabs on the security of their data by housing them within their own
Greg Skibiski joins the podcast to give his views the alternative data space and where it's going.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Configurable Data Validation, PMS Integration Come to Advent’s New Exception Management Solution
- IHS Markit Expands EDM to Non-Financial IHS Data
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Blackstone Outlines Blueprint for Thomson Reuters F&R Spin-Off, Refinitiv