Steve Schoener has noticed an inconsistency in the privacy policies of hedge funds. When it comes to interfacing with the outside world, they're very secretive. Data is closely guarded. But when it comes to internal policy on their own network, Eze Castle's VP of client technology has observed that "they're quick to give everybody access to everything."
That approach is not only inconsistent; from a security standpoint, it's backward. Most breaches at hedge funds are from within the firm, not fr
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse