The future of investment for financial IT-focused VC firms is in data analytics, research, and the process of crowd-lending, rather than traditional aims of reducing trade latency or seeking alternative liquidity sources. Those areas of the market are already saturated, says Doug Atkin, a portfolio manager at Guggenheim Partners, with $160 billion assets under management.
As Jake Thomases pointed out in January, one of the top challenges for start-ups—including those focused on financial technol
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership