Neil Katkov, senior vice president of Asia for Celent, said that he had originally anticipated the dark pool market would continue to expand through 2020, but recent events ─ most notably, the firestorm created by Michael Lewis' book, "Flash Boys" ─ have muddied the waters.
"It's a very uncertain future for dark pools. A few weeks ago we might've thought that the moderate approach [to regulations] was more likely; it's a little harder to say now. We'll see how things turn out," Katkov said recen
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams