Though the "script kiddies" ─ juvenile hackers creating disruptions for their own amusement ─ of the early 2000s still exist, the source of cyber threats has grown more menacing. There are politically- and ideologically-motivated hacktivists, who work alone and in concert as part of groups like Anonymous. There are members of organized crime syndicates. There are rival companies and, scariest of all, foreign governments, who operate with virtually unlimited resources and no fear of prosecution.
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams