The perennial outsourcing/insourcing debate takes centre stage in this month's HFIT. It wasn't long ago that a wave of high-profile outsourcing deals swept across the buy side, as hedge funds and traditional asset managers sought to take advantage of their third-party provider's technology and expertise in areas of the business where they were found wanting.
That isn't necessarily the case anymore, although, to be fair, there are still a large number of outsourcing relationships in existence
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams