Financial services institutions are under increasing pressure to ensure they have appropriate infrastructure in place to handle rising market data volumes, according to a report by market analyst Datamonitor. The report predicts that European and US hedge funds and fund management firms are set to spend $484 million on front-office market data infrastructure by 2009. The emergence of Reg NMS and Mifid this year are set to drive increasing spend on market data, Datamonitor predicts.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse