State Street has completed its acquisition of Investors Financial Services, for a figure of $4.2 billion. State Street says the deal will allow it to expand its capabilities beyond basic custody to focus on other value-added services. The firm estimates that the acquisition will add $2.3 trillion in assets, of which $1.8 trillion is held in custody. State Street will now claim a total of roughly $14.1 trillion in assets under custody.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground