Hedge fund practitioners have broadly welcomed Sweden's new fund regime but stressed sticking points to greater hedge fund use and wider acceptance depend on other Scandinavian jurisdictions. Back on April 1, a new fund regulatory regime took effect in Sweden with a new law establishing the category 'special fund' for hedge funds, consigning the 7(a) and 7(b) fund categories and non-national and national categories to history.
The new laws bring hedge funds under the law for
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse