one year ago….
Fidelity Investments was gearing up for the August 1 release of the Universal Equity Desktop, a Windows NT-based system designed to replace the firm's Unix workstations. This move was the latest in an overall shift toward NT workstations throughout Fidelity's investment operations. Still, adopting Windows NT does not necessarily mean an absolute abandonment of the Sun platform, which, according to sources, was being relegated to server farms (June 21, 1999).
five years ago…
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain