One year ago
Barra acquired fixed-income research specialist Global Advanced Technology. The acquisition gave Barra a fixed-income product line that complements the company's analytical tools for equities. With the transaction, Barra, which is based in Berkeley, California, consolidated its New York office into GAT's headquarters in that city (June 6, 1997).
Since the acquisition, Barra has augmented its Cosmos fixed income analytical tool with technology it acquired from GAT.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain