"You’re never going to get fired for signing with Accenture or PwC". That was the opinion quietly voiced by a partner from a small, buy-side-focused consultancy when I asked why asset managers still contract ‘big five’ consultancies for specialist decision-support and implementations.
"It boils down to the issue of safety first," he said. "If, as an IT director, you use a niche player for a complex project and it goes down the pan, the board will make sure that heads roll, and the first one
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground