LONDON -- Technology advances could ultimately see hedge funds accessing easy-to-borrow stock automatically for their short books, using prime-broking stock-loan desks for illiquid issues or markets.
According to Jonathan Lombardo, director of equity finance at Citigroup in London, screen-based stock loans would become prevalent and, while phone calls and stock lenders’ expertise may still be required for less liquid, harder-to-find stocks, hedge funds would ultimately be able to book the
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain