PARIS and TORONTO -- Linedata Services has made a bid for Canadian technology vendor Financial Models Company (FMC), but a competing offer by FMC president and chief executive Stamos Katotakis to buy all outstanding shares of the firm may complicate those efforts.
While Linedata maintains that its offer will ultimately win out -- and that a majority of FMC’s board has recommended the offer, an independent committee of FMC’s board of directors has yet to comment on the competing bids.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain