The SEC could not stamp out fraud even if regulation of advisers comes to pass, according to industry experts.
The SEC’s recent staff report into hedge funds fails to call for independent administrators -- the lack of which are a major reason for blow-ups and fraud, according to Dermot Butler, chairman at Dublin administrators Custom House.
Independent administration is so important an issue in fighting fraud that some US funds already appoint third party administrators to satisfy investors,
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground