NEW YORK -- Peter Davies, who was recently appointed vice-chairman of New York-based risk management vendor Riskmetrics, says the alternative investment industry -- specifically hedge funds and funds of funds -- is an area of focus for the company.
"Of particular focus is the hedge funds, fund of funds and alternative investment business," he says, "but whether you want to call that the buy side or not is a matter of debate. Those institutions are more trading-oriented, although they do
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground