The 2014 Buy-Side Technology Awards are now open for entries, with a closing date of Friday September 12, 2014.
Now in their eighth year, the Buy-Side Technology Awards recognize excellence among third-party providers of technology products and services to the buy side. The program operates on a call-for-entry basis across 26 categories, with a further two winners announced at a gala luncheon, held in London on November 7, 2014.
The categories run the gamut of buy-side technology, from reconciliation platforms and fund accounting software through to front-office trading technologies and advanced risk management systems. Entry to the awards is free, and is open to third-party vendors only. Sadly, we cannot accept entries from investment banks, buy-side firms, broker-dealers, prime brokerage units, analysts or consultancies. Entries can only be submitted online through our dedicated system, which can be found here.
The winners will be determined from shortlists in each category by a panel of judges, comprising buy-side executives and senior journalists from Waters magazine. The judging panel will be announced shortly.
For further information on the awards, including descriptions of each category, details on how to enter, and a list of previous winners, please visit the dedicated awards website.
A list of this year's categories can also be found below.
For any queries regarding the awards, please contact Victor Anderson, editor-in-chief of Waters and WatersTechnology.com.
2014 Buy-Side Technology Awards Categories
- Best buy-side OMS
- Best buy-side EMS
- Best buy-side risk/portfolio analytics product
- Best buy-side performance measurement and attribution product
- Best buy-side algorithmic/DMA product or service
- Best buy-side commodities trading platform/service
- Best buy-side pricing/valuation service
- Best buy-side data management product
- Best data provider to the buy side
- Best integrated front-office platform
- Best portfolio accounting platform
- Best buy-side client reporting platform
- Best broker-supplied tool/technology
- Best buy-side compliance product
- Best buy-side execution venue (crossing network or dark pool)
- Best fund administrator
- Best buy-side newcomer (vendor or product)
- Best product implementation at a buy-side firm
- Best buy-side risk management initiative over the last 12 months
- Best buy-side CRM (Customer Relationship Management) product/service
- Best CEP (Complex-Event Processing) product/service
- Best buy-side reconciliation platform/service
- Best outsourcing provider to the buy side
- Best cloud provider to the buy side
- Best big data technology provider to the buy side
- Best TCA provider to the buy side
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech