Switzerland-based vendor Temenos has expanded its presence in the Nordic markets by opening a new office in Helsinki and will look to help firms in the region upgrade their legacy systems.
Temenos operations in Helsinki will fall under the remit of the recently created Nordics headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, and will be headed up by Steen Jensen, Temenos' head of Northern Europe.
"We already have a strong resource base in Finland and have seen a strong increase in opportunity for this market, especially around the moving of legacy systems to new platforms to reduce cost and increase flexibility," says Jensen. "The new office will provide a local point of contact with a team focused on sales and support."
The expansion of Temenos' Nordic activity reflects the company's continued expansion this year, having already completed the acquisitions of US-based Akcelerant, a credit union solution specialist, and Multifonds, the Luxembourg-based provider of fund administration technology and services.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act