But I'm not crazy about M&A activity and, although I'm not aware of the definitive reason why, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the loss of identity, the dilution of excellence, and the cessation of the fight by smaller, niche players for their own little place in the sun. I identify very strongly with the mantra, 'it's not about the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog', and M&A activity, to my mind, goes against all that.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership