Is it possible to support hedge funds with the existing systems in a large company?
In a large company, new hedge fund managers will usually have to continue running their current set of funds, so the hedge fund needs to be run or shadowed on existing systems. But most large companies will privately admit to a wide range of weaknesses in their core systems--and it is precisely these weaknesses which hedge funds will expose.
So what is there about hedge funds that may cause problems? The major
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming