In a Germany becoming a bit more comfortable in its role as Europe's economic powerhouse, Bloomberg has reported that Finance Minister Wolfgang Schäuble recently floated the idea of enlisting the country's intelligence agencies to monitor currency speculators' activities - "who is getting together with whom for which kinds of speculative processes, and where" - in an effort to protect the euro.
Specifically, according to sources in the Bloomberg article, German and perhaps other European intelli
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp