In retrospect, it's lucky that I made it to India at all ─ as we left the main terminal building at Heathrow Terminal 5 yesterday (Saturday 4 February) afternoon, the flight schedule screens were flashing the news that everyone was dreading: A third of Sunday's flights had been canceled due to the anticipated snow and ice. Talk about projecting a worst-case scenario. I wonder how much that decision will cost the various carriers and insurance companies?
Anyway, I made it to Bangalore
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming