BOSTON – The complexities of fixed-income (FI) securities markets continue to limit the number of third-party analytics vendors even though buy-side firms continue to implement new bond strategies.
A TowerGroup report, Fixed income analytics: Is the lack of new blood causing industry inertia?, notes that despite growth in FI markets since 2001, narrowing bond spreads have heightened buy-side firms' needs for robust FI analytics tools in order to generate alpha. TowerGroup expects spending on
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse