Kevin Covington, CEO of Australian low-latency technology solutions provider Metamako, says that while the race to zero for some in the trading community resulted in firms migrating large parts of their infrastructure as close to trading venues as possible—at huge cost—that was only part of the problem: “People began to realize that the latency was in the computer fabric,” he says.
This is where FPGAs—which reduce the response time of the circuits—come into play, as they increase the throughput
Liquidnet's Adam Sussman joins to discuss the Members Exchange: Why do we need another trading venue, what are the tech challenges, who will be the CEO?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2018: Best Infrastructure Initiative—Northern Trust
- AFTAs 2018: All the Winners and Why they Won
- The Death of Blockchain (Hype)
- AFTAs 2018: Most Innovative Third-Party Technology Vendor (Infrastructure)—Kx
- AFTAs 2018: Most Innovative Third-Party Vendor (Trading, Risk and Research)—Visible Alpha