Kevin Covington, CEO of Australian low-latency technology solutions provider Metamako, says that while the race to zero for some in the trading community resulted in firms migrating large parts of their infrastructure as close to trading venues as possible—at huge cost—that was only part of the problem: “People began to realize that the latency was in the computer fabric,” he says.
This is where FPGAs—which reduce the response time of the circuits—come into play, as they increase the throughput
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- JPX Mulls Pooling Content into Data Lakes
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning