While the recent development of revolutionary semantic technologies provides a glimpse of data’s exciting future, the technological foundation for semantics and standards is both solid and ancient.
More than 2,000 years ago, Greeks first imagined ontologies. The originator is believed to be Pythagoras, the mathematician and scientist who led the first discussions on how to categorize human existence back around 500 BC, and since then, the concept has been applied to a wide variety of knowledge
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Finra to Expand Use of Machine Learning for Market Surveillance