While the recent development of revolutionary semantic technologies provides a glimpse of data’s exciting future, the technological foundation for semantics and standards is both solid and ancient.
More than 2,000 years ago, Greeks first imagined ontologies. The originator is believed to be Pythagoras, the mathematician and scientist who led the first discussions on how to categorize human existence back around 500 BC, and since then, the concept has been applied to a wide variety of knowledge
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- AFTAs 2018 Winner's Video: SS&C Advent Bags Front Office and IT Team Categories
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Gender Equality Professional of the Year—Frieda Lewis, Broadridge Financial Solutions