At Citigroup, data quality isn’t just an issue that has emerged in recent years: it’s a 200 year-old problem requiring ongoing maintenance programs that begin again as soon as a current project is finished, according to officials who spoke at last week’s Waters USA conference.
“Citi started in 1812, and its data issues started in 1813,” said Don Callahan, global head of operations and technology at Citi, which still maintains historical data as far back as 1812, including early shipping records
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Best Company for Diversity and Inclusion (Vendor)—Refinitiv