While regulation may not be at the top of everyone’s wish list this year, embattled data departments may have actually found a friend in post-crisis reform, experts say, as the industry continues to refine its focus on cost-cutting measures.
Carolyn Baker, head of data management and governance at asset manager GAM, said regulation has been a game-changer over the past decade when it comes to data management. Speaking during a panel discussion at the Summit for Asset Management conference, held
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Technology Innovator of the Year (Vendor)—Regina Williamson, London Stock Exchange Group