Google is ramping up its advanced analytical capabilities to target asset management firms, with tools it says can simplify data scientists’ work.
Given its size and access to consumer and business data, the technology giant’s potential to disrupt the financial services space has been speculated about for years. Although many asset managers and technology vendors remain unsure about Google’s end-game, buy-side firms have expressed interest in engaging with it.
“Increasingly, we are working
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects