Bloomberg doesn’t get outplayed very often. Yet an attempt to get the Bloomberg-backed Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) accredited by the International Organization for Standarization (ISO) lost by a landslide vote in early 2019, a defeat that represents more than merely an unsuccessful push to get FIGI approved as a global standard. FIGI’s failure to become ISO-approved exposes the extraordinary passion and politics that surround standards, and demonstrates how firms’ unquenchable
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha